Being a beauty blogger can downright be hard! Add being a fashion connoisseur to the equation and you find yourself justifying why you can totally just have black beans and rice for dinner or tuna packets for lunch so that you can increase your self and marriage imposed fashion and beauty budget.
Anyway, to curb my spending habits in the beauty aisles of just about any store that sales beauty, I started to create lists in my planner of wish list items to buy if I went over budget for that month to the following month. This has helped…slightly. (Side note: did y’all know that Bed, Bath, and Beyond has an incredible beauty section!? I mean it’s been several years since I’ve been to one and over the holidays I ventured to my local store and instead of looking at kitchen rugs, I spent the next hour in the beauty aisles! Pure. Heaven.)
I know that I am not the only one that does this…we all have our vices, so I decided to share with you all in case you too can gain some inspiration for your next shopping trip for beauty products.
Check out my top 5 for this month below:
- LondonTown Kur Instant Smudge Fix, $14 – Who wouldn’t want to try a top coat that fixes smudges? I know I am not the only one that can’t keep their hands still after a fresh mani. This is supposed to allow you to smooth out any smudges before your nails dry.
- Garnier Skinactive Clearly Brighter Overnight Leave-On Peel, $17 – This is supposed to help the texture of your skin making it appear brighter and healthier. Y’all know I’ve been on this skincare journey and I am always up for trying products to tweak my skincare routine slightly.
- Memo Paris in Italian Leather fragrance, $250 – Only the best perfume I’ve smelled in my life. One word: intoxicating. Inspired by the creators’, a wife and husband duo, trips around the world, these perfumes get better throughout the day with each note of the perfume being enhanced overtime. It’s unisex and smelled different on Alfred and I, so this is likely a scent we will share.
- Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face and Body, $30 – I swatched one at Sephora the other week and was not too impressed initially. Until I looked at my hand when I got home. I mean can you say amazing? The shimmer gives your skin a true glow without looking cheap. The texture is great as well.
- Kylie Jenner, Lip Kit in True Brown $29 – I love the idea of a lip kit, or any kit for that matter. You get a lip pencil and a matte liquid lipstick to complete your lip kit. From the swatches and reviews I’m definitely intrigued to try them.
What are some beauty products that you are dying to try?