When you ‘play’ in makeup almost on a daily basis, your skincare regimen has to be legit. I started to become semi obsessed with my skincare regimen when I had a horrible season of breakouts and my old fuss free regimen failed me. I started trying different products and finally came up with a regimen that works perfectly for me. Skincare is not a one size fits all situation – there WILL be a lot of trial and error before you are able to find a regimen that works for you; similar to your hair care routine.
Toners are one of those things that I did not understand and really did not see the purpose of them until I did some research on them. I picked up the Alcohol Free Toner by Neutrogena and noticed a significant difference in my skin. So, why are toners important to your skincare routine? Should YOU be using toner if you don’t already? I’d say yes, especially if you wear makeup or are out in the elements often. Check out this list of my top 5 reasons why a toner needs to be added to your skincare regimen.
- Removes oils, dirt, and leftover makeup after using your cleanser.
- Can give the appearance of smaller pores, which helps to make your foundation application look flawless.
- Toners help to restore your pH balance after cleansing, which helps to stop overproduction of oil and neutralizes the skin to maintain your natural glow.
- Great to refresh your skin. If your skin needs a quick pick me up having a travel sized toner in your on-the-go makeup kit is the move. Use the toner to remove excess oil and dirt to immediately refresh skin and bring out your natural glow.
- Certain toners can actually moisturize your skin. Look for toners that specifically say that they will moisturize your skin or that have glycerin and hyaluronic acid – these toners will hydrate and refresh skin. The Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner does not leave your face feeling dry and stripped.
I’ve mentioned the Neutrogena toner throughout this post, so it is obviously my favorite. Another one that I am becoming fond of that I recommend is the Glow Tonic by Pixi. Exfoliating is great for your skin and this toner does just that along with minimizing your pores without the harness of alcohol.