You all know that I rarely wear just one mascara these days. When I started layering my mascara, I noticed my mascara game go up several notches. I was able to maximize the natural length of my top and almost non-existent bottom lashes and up the volume of my lashes completely. And yes, even more so than with using one mascara.
What is mascara layering?
Mascara layering is when you take two or more different types of mascara and coat your lashes with them. I usually rotate a volumizing mascara with a lengthening one for maximum effect. However, you can layer with a mascara/lash primer and follow up with your favorite mascara depending on your needs and what will give you the look that you like. The idea here is to play with different combos to find the best one for you.
So, this sounds interesting. How do I do it?
Like I mentioned above, there are many ways that you can do it depending on your preference. The idea is to master your technique and choose the formulas that give you the look that you are looking for. I achieve my desired look by doing what I call my ‘Unapologetic Way’ and now what I’ve deemed the ‘Pixi Way’:
Unapologetic Way ( I do this everyday)
- Coat lashes with your favorite lengthening mascara, starting with one eye making sure to start at the root of the lash to the very tips.
- Quickly (before the formula dries) follow with a volumizing mascara.
- Repeat steps 1-2 on other eye until complete.
Pixi Way (I do this when I am feeling a bit ‘extra’)
- Start with one eye and coat bottom and top lashes from root to tip with the Black Lacquer Lash Primer.
- Follow up with the Lengthy Fiber Mascara. (If you have eye sensitivities, skip this step for your bottom lashes)
- Set your Lengthy Fiber Mascara with the Lash Booster Mascara.
- Detail your lashes with the Lower Lash Mascara.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on other eye until complete.
And there you have it. A quick beauty trick for beautiful amplified natural lashes!
Shop the Pixi by Petra mascaras here!