First of all, perfect eyebrows for me are eyebrows that are groomed. The shape of your eyebrows has much to do with your face shape AND the shape of your natural eyebrows than anything else. I’m a fan of the fill-in method of enhancing and grooming eyebrows opposed to the draw in method – trust me, there is a difference. Groomed eyebrows, in my humble opinion, are some of the most important things that you can do to your face to look pulled together and polished outside of having a great skincare routine and using a great mascara. Why? Because they help to shape your face and can do wonders to enhance your eyes – the windows to your soul.
So, how do we do it? How do you get perfect eyebrows? Get into my 5 top tips for perfect eyebrows:
- Shape ’em up: First you have to determine the best shape for your natural eyebrows. You will use the common technique of taking a brow pencil or brush vertically at the middle of each of your nostrils to mark the beginning of your eyebrows. Then tilt the pencil from your nostril to the outside of your pupil to find your arch and make a mark. Finally tilt the pencil from your nostril to your outer corner of your eye and make a mark.
- Clean ’em up: Now that you have your natural shape, it’s time to clean your eyebrows up from stray hairs that don’t fit the marks that you created in step 1. You can take tweezers (recommended) or a razor to remove stray hairs. Also, use scissors to trim long eyebrow hairs that don’t fit your outline.
- Fill ’em in: Here comes the fun part. Take a brow pencil, eyeshadow or gel and make tiny strokes with the product to mimic hairs. If you’re using a pencil you can do small strokes straight from the pencil, but if you’re using gel or eyeshadow, you’re going to want to use an angled brush to do tiny strokes to mimic hairs as you’re filling in your brows.
- Set ’em: Now we don’t want all of our hard work to go to waste with sweating or rubbing them so use setting gel to set your eyebrows in place. My fave comes from MAC or Pixi. You can skip this part if your using a gel.
- Conceal ’em or not: I love using concealer on the bottom half of my eyebrows to finish cleaning them up and to highlight my brow bone. Some people opt to not do this step and you can totally have well groomed eyebrows without doing this part, but it’s a must in my eyebrow routine.