This year has gone by incredibly fast. The brand has grown a bit. I’ve learned ALOT. Being an entrepreneur with a 9to5 has been one of the best teachers professionally, emotionally, and personally. And y’all. This is coming from a person that has been fortunate enough to get some of the best education that the world can offer. Just so that you know what I’m saying is totally real.
I wanted to take time to reflect a bit on some of the accomplishments of 2018 so that we can kickstart our 2019 off right. I’m an extrovert with introvert tendencies so it is so easy for me to go into these periods of deep reflections which can be good, but also bad. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and therefore, I am my WORST critics. So, sometimes I have to step away a bit from my head and reflect on the good things. BLANK Wardrobe and Pinkklipstick has seen a great year for sure and I am excited for 2019. Now, I’d be foolish to say that we haven’t had our struggles and I’ll share those in an upcoming post since one of my goals for 2019 is to be a bit more transparent in the hopes that it will help others.
On to the good stuff. Let’s toast to a great 2018 and an even better 2019 where we set goals and we crush them. Where we learn from our successes and our failures because there really aren’t any failures depending on your perspective :).
5 Reflections of 2018 for BLANK Wardrobe and Pinkklipstick
- BLANK’s first event was a success. Despite the rain we had 25 people come out out of the 60 that registered. First of all, we had 60 people register. BLANK is still a small brand so to have that type of interest locally was incredible. Attendees enjoyed the networking and the panel so much that they asked when we were hosting the next one. And that is ALWAYS a good sign. 🙂 Check out my recap post for more on the event and pics.
- BLANK collaborated with a big brand. Winky Lux decided to collaborated with us on our first event, NOT YOUR AVERAGE POP-UP SHOP. We also have some things lined up that will pop off in 2019 that we are pretty excited about. Stay tuned!
- We were featured in our first major local publication! BLANK was featured in Jezebel Magazine and yours truly was named a Boss Babe and was added to the Emerging Elite for 2018. It was great to be recognized by Jezebel and I’m am forever grateful for sure.
- I also received some shine from several blogs and publications for being and Entrepreneur and for my marketing and communications expertise. I was featured in Pumps in Purpose and Southstreet Marketing.
- As an influencer I worked with more brands including Neutrogena, Aveeno, Winky Lux, Daily Concepts, and Zoella. And attended some dope events including the time that I hung out with Xscape during their listening party for their new album.
What are some things that you are proud of from 2018? How will they help you kickoff 2019?