Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to traditional spaghetti; same great taste without the extra carbs. This meal is easy to make and has easily become one of my go to meals when I want to eat healthy. If you want to eat clean and you’re tired of eating chicken and rice, then this meal is a great choice.
olive oil cooking spray
2 tablespoon of olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 pound of lean ground turkey
1 medium spaghetti squash
half of onion
half of bell pepper
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
4 medium gourmet mushrooms
dash of dried oregano
dash of parsley
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Use a Tablespoon of olive oil to cover both halves of the squash, and sprinkle a dash of salt & pepper on inside of squash. Place squash on baking sheet with outer skin of squash facing upward. Place squash in oven and bake for 45 minutes (or until the inside flesh is easily removed with a fork).
- Meanwhile dice the tomato, 3 cloves of garlic, 4 medium mushrooms, half of an onion, and a half of a bell pepper.
- Spray inside of large frying pan with olive oil cooking spray to prevent ground turkey from sticking. Season ground turkey meat with sea salt and pepper as preferred. Brown turkey meat in frying pan.
- Once the turkey meat is done cooking, add a Tablespoon of olive oil, 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes, chopped vegetables and garlic, dash of parsley, and dash of dried oregano.
- Continue cooking ingredients in pan for 20 minutes. Season spaghetti sauce with sea salt, pepper, and sugar (optional) to taste.
- Once spaghetti squash is finished cooking, use fork to scrape spaghetti squash noodles from within the shell.
- Place spaghetti squash noodles in bowl and serve covered in meat sauce.