A little late than never for this post, perhaps? My favorites for August are beauty products that have been in heavy rotation over the last couple of months only to resurge with a vengeance in August. I can’t seem to go a day without using them…or at least wishing I could use them, but knowing that it would be completely obsessive! Check them out below!
“Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ― Rumi
1. Benefit’s the POREfessional PRO balm. This beauty jewel helps to minimize your pores. Sometimes when my skin is dehydrated and irritated my pores are center stage in wanting to be seen. With a couple of dabs of this product, my pores virtually disappear allowing my complexion to be smooth and radiant. This is definitely a mainstay even beyond August in my beauty routine!
2. NARS Illuminator in Orgasm. So we all fell in love with NARS’ orgasm blush, right? Well, here comes the illuminator in Orgasm! I love this creamy highlighter because the application is ultra smooth and gives your complexion a healthy and dewy glow without looking heavy or unnatural. The color is perfect for my complexion, giving me that extra golden glow when my skin looks tired and worn out!
3. Sinful Colors 24/7. First of all, Sinful Colors gives you major bang for a minor buck. I got this beauty for $1.50 at Walmart and it has lasted longer than some of its more expensive counterparts. Also, the color is absolutely gorgeous! It is the perfect hot pink!
4. NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder. This translucent powder provides the perfect matte finish to your makeup or bare face without looking caked on. I also love the fact that it is photo-friendly, in that when you take photos it doesn’t give you that hideous “white glow”.
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. This has become a staple in my everyday routine. It evens out my skin tone, provides SPF 30 protection (great for combating aging), and gives me a “done up” look without looking like I put on a full face of foundation, powder, bronzer, and blush! It helps to definitely keep my morning routine at 5 minutes or less depending on the day. Talk about your power-forward in your make up routine.