On October 15 – 17, 2016, Atlanta welcomed Skin Inc’s Face & Body Spa Conference & Expo showcasing many brands, suppliers, and educators for spa & beauty industry professionals. The weekend focused on providing these professionals with knowledge and networking opportunities to enhance the services that they provide. I along with 3 other beauty influencers in the Atlanta area, were invited to experience and capture the expo and all it offered to share with you all as the Face & Body’s F.A.B. Force!
So, what was the layout? Give us the format of the weekend!
So, the fabulous-ness started on Saturday, October 15th with registration, educational workshops, and a networking luncheon. Sunday, October 16th is when the expo hall featuring brands, educators, and suppliers opened for our consumption! Classes also rounded out Sunday for those interested. Monday, October 17th wrapped up the conference and expo with more access to the expo (there were so many brands, suppliers, and educators there that you could easily spend two whole days making your rounds) and classes. The conference portion of the weekend was based on 4 tracks: Business, Wellness, Science, and Treatments that all had their separate and focused sessions through the weekend. Overall, the weekend was stocked with experiencing dozens of brands, educators, and suppliers at your convenience and pace.
Ok, so tell us about the expo. What were the highlights?
Man, it was so much goodness on that expo floor that it was hard to keep up. From massage treatments, skincare products, makeup, and more – there was no part of the beauty and spa world that was not covered! Some of the highlights for me was the following:
- Seeing all of the natural beauty products, especially skincare that is available. The Éminence booth, for example, showcased natural masks for all skin types and needs. I wanted one of each!
- The technology and tools used for making sure you get the best lashes of your life! Admittedly, I’ve never had my lashes ‘done’ professionally. I’ve done lash extensions via applying them at home, but never having someone do them for me. The process is pretty fascinating and intricate to say the least!
- I was in awe at the Kryolan booth. Can you say: All. Of. The. Makeup. Sheesh! LOL, I did a number of swatches and checking out of their product that I am ready to go ahead and make some purchases!
- The products and services available for anti-aging was a bit overwhelming. I left feeling as though there is no excuse for not taking care of your skin and body at even a early age. There is products, services and education out there to learn how you can take care of yourself for sure!
- There were so many opportunities to relax and get massages and facials. I need to schedule these on at least a quarterly schedule for sure. Treat yo’ self!
So, as you can see, I had a ball and certainly can’t wait until next year! You may have missed it this year in the Southeast, but if you are else where around the country you might be able to catch it in the upcoming months. Get the full schedule here!
In the meantime, check out the pics and video below to get a snapshot of what went down!