It should be of no surprise that coconut oil is a great addition to your beauty regimen with the recent interest and trends of essential oils hitting the market. If this is a surprise to you then after reading this article, I GUARANTEE that you will be running to your closest market to grab a jar. Side note: if you are about that life, Sam’s club (and perhaps Costco) has a huge jar of coconut oil that you can grab for the low.
Personally, after using coconut oil for a couple years on and off, I noticed a difference in my skin and my hair. When I used coconut oil consistently, I noticed how healthy my skin and hair was. My skin cleared up and looked healthier and my hair was shiny and manageable. When I didn’t use coconut oil, my skin rebelled against me and my hair lost a little of its luster.
So, since coconut oil has been so good to me, I decided to share with you all what I use coconut oil for and why you will always find a jar of it in my bathroom or vanity.
7 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil
- Deep Conditioner – I love deep conditioning with coconut oil. I usually will mix it with my favorite conditioner or hair mask for all day conditioning. If I am in a rush, I like to wet my hair and put it directly on the length of my hair focusing on the ends and bunning my hair up for an on-the-go deep conditioner.
- Make-up Remover – Oil is great for removing makeup while hydrating your skin at the same time. Before discovering Yes to Coconuts cleanser, which is infused with coconut oil, I would take a cotton pad and coconut oil to remove my makeup. I especially did this when my skin needed some extra moisture TLC in the winter.
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your body and face. Not only does it moisturize your skin without leaving an oily residue, it has antibacterial properties that help with breakouts.
- Lip Balm – following the same idea of coconut oil being a great moisturizer, its great for dehydrated and cracking lips.
- Leave-in Conditioner – For the same reason it is great as a deep conditioner, it is also great in smaller amounts as a leave in conditioner. Your hair is left moisturized, happy and healthy.
- Scrubs – I love adding coconut oil to my scrubs – body and lip. Its moisturizing and antibacterial properties make it ideal as a cleanser and hydrant in scrubs. Did you miss my lip scrub recipe featuring coconut oil? No worries! Check it out here!
- Nail Care – I give myself manicures just about every week and that acetone is unforgiving, hunny. Adding a couple of dabs of coconut oil to my cuticles instantly rehydrates them to prevent peeling and cracking, which can leave your manicure looking less than fleeky.