If you have been around these parts for a little bit, then you have heard me talk about having what I call, a style uniform. Although I have made mention of a style uniform and briefly described what it is, I just realized that I have not explicitly explained the importance of having one. Before we get into it’s importance, let’s go ahead and officially define what it is.
[bctt tweet=”A style uniform should have your personality written all over it that is easily identifiable by others as being “you”. “]
When I talk about a style uniform, I am referring to that go to outfit that you can grab from your closet in minutes, throw it on and look pulled together as if you had spent a considerable amount of time putting it together. It doesn’t necessarily refer to a specific garment in your closet, but a specific theme or palette that you can have several variations of, quickly. A style uniform should have your personality written all over it that is easily identifiable by others as being “you”. My style uniform always consists of a blazer over a simple tank, quirky or basic bottoms (depending on my mood), flats or heels. To round out my uniform, I usually add a hat with minimal jewelry accessories. No matter the occasion, I can always put this look together in under 5 minutes and look pulled together.
[bctt tweet=” No matter the occasion, I can always pull this look together in under 5 minutes and look pulled together.”]
So now that you know what a style uniform is, let’s talk about the 6 reasons why you should have one if you don’t.
- It easily answers the question of, “What should I wear today?”.
- Shopping becomes easier because you know exactly what you are shopping for and what you need; a confident shopper you are!
- Buying items that you know you would never wear, but you thought you could put together while in the store becomes a rare occurrence.
- You can play around with accessories and other trends to spice up your style uniform and wardrobe because having a style uniform creates a strong wardrobe foundation.
- Your wardrobe is more functional while being versatile and flexible because of your strong wardrobe foundation. Having a style uniform is not equivalent to being boring with your fashion.
- Having a style uniform can help play up your personal brand and be a conversation starter because others will notice. I constantly get asked about my blazers or am told that I always look pulled together, knowing full well that it took me 5 minutes to get dressed that day.
Have you identified your style uniform?