I’ve been giving y’all all types of denim on denim vibes lately. Denim is my favorite fabric this spring and summer already. Why? There’s so many reasons, but the main reason is because it’s a classic so depending on how you dress it up, it’s always in style and fashion forward.
Denim on denim gives you a uniform feel without being cheesy or lame; it gives you structure, but is buildable. You get the idea. You can’t go wrong with denim on denim and it looks good every single time. And while we love a good denim on denim look, that’s not the only way to rock denim. Check out the other ways to rock out denim below!
5 Ways to Wear Denim
- Denim on Denim: This is probably my favorite way to wear denim. Denim on denim gives you a uniform feel without being cheesy or lame; it gives you structure, but is buildable. You get the idea. You can’t go wrong with denim on denim and it looks good every single time. Spice up your denim on denim look by adding a blazer like I did in this post. It helps to dress the look up a bit and create a more polished feel.
- Denim on it’s own: Rock your favorite pair of denim jeans, shorts, jacket, skirt, or shirts as a staple piece to any outfit. I promise that whatever denim you wear to complete your outfit, it will stand out. Denim operates in that way.
- As a layering piece: Layer your favorite denim jacket or shirt for a chic while being functional vibe.
- As a statement piece: I have a couple quirky denim pieces in my wardrobe that definitely make a statement. For example, I have a denim cutout culotte jumpsuit that is kind of my favorite thing to wear. It definitely stands on its own without needing any help.
- As an accessory: Not ready to really dive into the denim on denim trend? Not sure how you feel about denim in general? No worries. There are plenty denim accessories that you can incorporate in your wardrobe. Denim bags are kind of my favorite!
What I wore: Blazer – Melange Mode, Top: Target, Jeans: Express, Bag: F&W Style, Shoes: JustFab