What is a foundational wardrobe?
A foundational wardrobe is thoughtfully curated with essential and classic style pieces. Foundational items should be flattering and versatile.
Ok, cool. So, why should I invest in a foundational wardrobe? It seems basic and boring.
Oh, no ma’am. A foundational wardrobe is far from boring! Is it basic? Yes, but in a good way – not in the PSL from Starbucks type of way (listen, I love a good PSL too!).
Check out these 5 reasons why you need to invest in a foundational wardrobe ASAP:
- A foundational wardrobe allows you to invest in fewer, but tried and true pieces. This means that you are getting quality pieces, which means that you’re going to buy less and save some coins.
- This type of wardrobe allows you to mix and match classic pieces so that you always feel like you have something to wear. So, say goodbye to the, “I have nothing to wear!” comment that you probably do often when you go into your closet.
- It makes adding trends that you like easier while still being stylish and personal to you. Instead of looking like you bought your outfit off of a mannequin, you’ll be able to incorporate trends that will only elevate your wardrobe and style.
- A foundational wardrobe makes getting dressed easier because you have the right items in your wardrobe.
- And finally, it allows you to leverage your wardrobe into your personal brand since you’ll begin to incorporate accessories and trends that add your personality and make your style your own.
Check out my OOTD which shows how wearing classic and trendy pieces can incorporate your personality while still looking classic. This look took me less than 5 minutes to pull together and features a classic shirt dress worn as a shirt and trendy distressed bermuda shorts.