January was a low key beauty month for me, but even still, I kept reaching for certain items time and time again. From the products that made my constant rotation it looks like I was all about renewing my routines and doing a bit of self-care. This is definitely reflective of what my focus was for January. And honestly, what it continues to be as I move o forward. It’s funny to me how the way that we take care of ourselves on the outside is generally reflective of how we feel on the inside. Another time. Another discussion. 🙂
So, what items made my list? Let’s get into them!
1. Winky Lux Coffee Palette – I love coffee and so I was very excited to try this coffee palette from my new faves, Winky Lux. And it’s not only called coffee because of the most nudes and browns that are featured in this palette. The palette actually smells like coffee! I will say that as the palette ages the smell is not as strong and doesn’t smell like coffee. The pigment of the shadows are pretty good and the color selection is really pretty for nudes. This would be a great palette to travel with.
2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – Recently, I’ve become addicted to exfoliating. I exfoliate my face, my body, my scalp…I mean clearly I understand the benefits of exfoliating. However, I have VERY sensitive skin. My skin is so sensitive that it’s annoying. It’s not uncommon to see me break out in hives or rashes – it’s normal for me. So, although I am a rebel when it comes to just using products that I like, I do realize that the products I use on my face are extremely important in terms of making sure it’s healthy. The products that I tend to use are gentle and OK for sensitive skin OR I’ve tested it and know that my skin won’t have a reaction to it. This exfoliant from Dermalogica is my fave because I can exfoliate everyday without damaging my skin AND it includes ingredients such as salicylic acid and other ingredients that help to exfoliate, smooth and treat my skin. A win-win. 🙂
3. AfterSpa Jade Roller – Jade rollers have become a trend and I’m here for it. I received one in a PR package and I love it. Jade rollers are supposed to help with product absorption and with reducing swelling. Pro Tip – put your roller in the freezer to cool and and then use it on your face to help reduce swelling even more. Beyond some of the things that a jade roller can do, I just like using it because it makes me feel extra and luxurious while doing my skincare routine. I mean, why have a boring skin care routine if you don’t have to?
4. e.l.f. Poreless Primer – This primer is the G.O.A.T and it is reasonably priced. If you want your pores to be almost nonexistent, this is the primer for you. I like using this primer in my T-Zone where my pores are the most visible and it works like a charm. I use this before I put on my foundation OR I use it when I’m not wearing foundation to even out my complexion. When I do this I put the primer on before I add my moisturizer. And my skin looks amazing afterwards.
5. You are a Badass MiniBook by Jen Sincero – This book stays on my desk and serves as a reminder and a pick me up when I need the extra encouragement and to remember who I am. 🙂 I am a firm believer of surrounding yourself with positivity whether that comes from books, people, or general things with encouraging quotes on them. Sometimes you need the reminder and the encouragement to keep you going. This mini book does the trick.